Featuring our Apple Fennel Chutney
1. 1 lb fresh Salmon -
cut into 4 portions
2. 1 jar Oregon Growers and Shippers Apple Fennel
3. 1 lb small new potatoes
4. 1 bag of pre-washed spinach
5. 2 Tbls butter
6. 1 tsp. whole fennel seeds (optional)
7. ½ c Pinot Gris or Chardonay - buy a
decent bottle and drink the rest with dinner!
8. 2 Tbls olive oil
9. salt and pepper.
10. 2 oven proof sauté pans
• Get out 2 oven proof
sauté pans and preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
• Cut the potatoes into ½ inch pieces.
Meanwhile heat one of the pans on the stove until medium
• Add 1 tbls of butter and olive oil (adding a
bit of olive oil to butter helps prevent it from burning)
and cut potatoes, toss, season with salt and fresh ground
pepper and pop in the oven to cook for 20 min.
• While the spuds are cooking get ready to cook
your salmon. You will need the other pan, the fish,
a bit more salt & pepper, wine the Apple Fennel
Chutney. You can start cooking the fish when the potatoes
are almost done -say after 15 min.
• Heat the pan to medium hot.
• Sprinkle the fish with salt, pepper and fennel
• Add 1 Tbls olive oil to pan and place the salmon
gently in the pan.
• Now just let the salmon sear in the pan for
30-40 seconds - don’t try to move the fish.
• Pop it in the oven to finish cooking about 4-5
min. While the salmon is cooking away we can finish
• Remove them from the oven and simply toss in
a few handfuls of spinach. Toss the spinach with the
hot spuds to wilt - place 4 equal portions on
4 warm plates.
• Remove the salmon from the oven, and with a
spatula place each piece on top of the spinach and potatoes
with the golden brow side up.
• Now here is the fun part a 30 second delicious
sauce. Drain the excess fat from salmon the pan.
• Place it on medium high heat - add ½
wine and stir for 10 seconds - add 2 heaping tablespoons
of Apple Fennel
Chutney to the pan -
stir 10 seconds.
• Remove from heat. Add remaining 1 tsp. of butter
stir 10 seconds more and simply pour over fish. You
have just made an incredible pan sauce in 30 seconds!